Apple and Oat Streusel Muffins
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- No Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup quick rolled oats 250 mL
- 3/4 cup milk 175 mL
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 125 mL
- 1/3 cup Corn or Canola Oil 75 mL
- 1 medium unpeeled apple, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 300 mL
- 1 tbsp baking powder 15 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 7 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg 1 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- Oat Streusel (recipe below)
Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
In bowl combine oats and milk; let stand 5 min. Stir in egg, sugar, oil and apple.
In large bowl combine remaining ingredients, except streusel. Stir in oat mixture, mixing just
Spoon into muffin cups; sprinkle with streusel.
Bake at 400°F (200°C) 18-20 min or until firm to touch. Cool 5 min; remove
Mix together 1/4 cup (50 mL) each rolled oats and brown sugar, 2 tbsp
(30 mL) each all-purpose flour and Corn or Canola Oil and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon.
Prep Time: 15 min Bake Time: 18-20 min
Serving Size: Makes 12 muffins