Your Recipe Creation Could Be Worth $1 Million
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
(NAPSA) - The 44th Pillsbury Bake-Off(r) Contest is now open for entries. One hundred finalists will compete for the $1 million grand prize. The entry deadline is April 20, 2009. For contest details, visit www.bakeoff.com. This recipe example from the 43rd contest fits the Entertaining Appetizers category. The simple step of spraying the pan with no-stick cooking spray helps create a crispy, nicely browned crust.
Mango, Prosciutto And Goat Cheese Appetizer Pizza
- 1 tablespoon Crisco(r) pure olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 firm ripe mango, seed removed, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup Smucker's(r) sweet orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 4 oz thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup crumbled goat (chevre) cheese (4 oz)
Heat oven to 400 F. Heat 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add oil and onion; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and starting to brown. Reserve 1/2 cup mango. Stir remaining mango into onion. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in marmalade, mustard, vinegar and soy sauce. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and most of liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; cool while preparing crust.
Spray large cookie sheet with Crisco(r) Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet; press dough into 15x10-inch rectangle. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
Spread mango-onion mixture over crust. Top with prosciutto; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and goat cheese.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup mango.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills
- Smucker's and Crisco are registered trademarks of The J.M. Smucker Company
Makes 24 Appetizers