Chipotle Barbecued Ribs Alla Gran Gala
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 3 racks (about 3 pounds) baby back ribs
- 1 white onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Imported Gran Gala® Triple Orange Liqueur
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Chipotle liquid, plus 1 to 2 chopped chiles from 1 can (7 ounces) chiles in adobo*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Orange slices and cilantro sprigs optional garnish
Place racks of ribs in a roasting pan or pot, large enough to hold them. Add onion, garlic, salt and
enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low
and simmer gently for about 1 hour until ribs are tender when pierced with a knife. Drain ribs well
and set aside.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine Imported Gran Gala, ketchup, chipotle liquid and
chopped chiles. Stir in lime juice.
Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for grilling. Brush ribs on both sides with the sauce and grill
over a medium-hot fire for about 15 minutes. Turn and brush generously with sauce 2 to 3 times
during grilling. Serve garnished with orange slices and cilantro.
* Available in the International food section of most supermarkets.
Serving Size: Makes 4 to 6 servings.