Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
10 Tips To Reduce Fat In Your Diet
Contributed by: Kathy Thompson
- Steam, boil, broil, or microwave vegetables, or
stir-fry them in a small amount of vegetable oil.
- 2Season vegetables with herbs and spices rather than
sauces, butter, or margarine.
- Try lemon juice or fat-free dressing on salad, or
use a yogurt based dressing instead of mayonnaise or
sour cream dressing.
- To reduce saturated fat, use vegetable oil or tub
margarine instead of butter or stick margarine when
- Replace whole milk with skim or low-fat milk in
puddings, soups, and baked products. Substitute plain
nonfat yogurt, blender-whipped cottage cheese, low-fat
sour cream, or buttermilk in recipes that call for sour
- Choose lean cuts of meat, and trim any visible fat
from meat before and after cooking. Remove skin from
poultry before or after cooking. Monitor portion sizes.
(Lean meats end in "loin".)
- Roast, bake, or broil meat, poultry, or fish, so
that fat drains away as the food cooks.
- Use a nonstick pan for cooking so added fat will
be unnecessary, use a vegetable spray for frying.
- Chill broths from meat or poultry until the fat
becomes solid. Spoon off the fat before using the
- Eat a low-fat vegetarian main dish at least once
The Easiest Most Powerful Diet in the World is Only $3!
"The 5-94 Diet Solution" is the only diet you need.
Details are at; http://www.words4-u.com/catalog.html
Kathy Thompson has been studying nutrition and health
for over 20 years. As a writer, speaker, profiler, Kathy
helps people improve their health.
Contact Kathy at; firstname.lastname@example.org