Chilled Crab Salad
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 6 Dungness crab (live or frozen)
- 2 lbs Alaskan king crab
- 1 cup sea salt
- 3 finely chopped hard boiled eggs
- 3-4 shallots
- 1/2 cup capers (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red peppers (optional)
- 1/2 cup Maille Dijonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp Maille White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup ruby or tawny port wine
- pinch salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream 35%
- 6 tbsp chopped chives (optional)
Bring pot of cold water with 1 cup sea salt to a rolling boil.
Plunge the crab into the water and cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove crab and allow to cool.
Carefully remove all flesh reserving the shell. Remove cartilage and bits of shell from the flesh and
Place the crab meat in a bowl along with the egg, shallots, capers, parsley, sweet peppers and
toss lightly. In a separate bowl, combine Maille Dijonnaise, Maille White Wine Vinegar, port, salt,
pepper and the cream. Pour this mixture over the crab and mix well.
Refrigerate mixture for up to 6 hours to allow flavours to blend.
Spoon mixture into serving bowls (or for a more elegant presentation, into crab body shells
that have been washed) and garnish with chopped chives.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings.