Chili Bean Dip
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Serve this dip with reduced-fat crackers or chips and raw vegetables. It also can substitute for refried beans. Spread the dip on a tortilla and top with lettuce, salsa, low-fat cheese and a few black olives.
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Optional: 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar, Colby or Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
Place beans, onion, chili sauce, vinegar, chili powder and cumin in a food processor fitted with the
metal blade, and pulse until smooth. (Mixture also can be mashed with a fork.)
If using cheese, place dip in a microwavable bowl and top with shredded cheese. Microwave on high
power until cheese melts and center is warm, one to two minutes. (Or warm in an ovenproof bowl in a
preheated 350 F oven for 15 minutes.) Serve immediately.
Serving Size: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Nutritional Information: Per serving: Calories 66, Fat 0 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 251 milligrams, Protein 4 grams, Carbohydrates 12 grams.