Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Pie
Contributed by: NAPSA
USA Peanuts: Easy as Pie!
(NAPSA) - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, love and marriage, a wink and a smile... do you see where this is going? Classic combinations are timeless for a reason... they go together because they're fabulous on their own but somehow, together, they create something doubly delightful. Chocolate and peanut butter are one of America's most beloved combinations. In addition to being enjoyed by themselves, nothing enhances chocolate's velvety, sweet complexion quite like the robust, savory flavor of peanuts and peanut butter.
In celebration of this delicious duo, the National Peanut Board offers some tried-and-true (and some new!) chocolate-peanut butter combinations:
- Top chocolate ice cream with chopped peanuts or drizzle with warmed peanut butter
- Decorate a chocolate cake with peanut butter instead of icing
- Smear peanut butter between two chocolate-chip cookies
- Dunk a dollop of peanut butter into a mug of hot chocolate
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 ounces) chocolate crumb crust
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping, divided
- 12/3 cups (11-ounce package) Nestle Toll House Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
Sprinkle 1/4 cup peanuts onto bottom of pie crust. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon caramel topping.
Combine morsels and milk in medium, uncovered microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power 45 seconds; stir. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in chocolate mixture. Add whipped topping and stir vigorously until smooth. Spoon into prepared pie crust and swirl top. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts and drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 509 calories; 33 g fat (14 g sat., 8 g mono.); 37 mg cholesterol; 47 g carbohydrate; 10 g protein; 270 mg sodium