Balsamic Glazed Chicken Stir Fry
Contributed by: NAPSA
A Quick-Fix Flavorful Healthy Meal In Minutes
(NAPSA) - Many people prefer to enjoy the health benefits of olive oil in its natural packaging-tasty olives.
Full of healthy monounsaturated fat, California Black Ripe Olives have only six calories in each large olive and are rich in flavor.
Looking for a quick way to include olives in meals? For a fast and festive meal, try Balsamic Glazed Chicken Stir Fry. Family and guests will appreciate the mouthwatering appeal of this quick-fix dish and don't have to know how healthy it is.
The dish has only 230 calories per serving and calories from fat are 33.4 percent.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) red bell pepper, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (4 ounce) zucchini, halved and sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup California Ripe Olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a large saute pan or wok over high heat. Add red bell peppers, zucchini and garlic, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper flakes and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Transfer to a clean plate. Set aside.
Pour remaining olive oil in pan and heat over high. Add chicken, season with remaining salt and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Turn heat down to medium, add balsamic vinegar and chicken broth and cook for 2-4 more minutes until slightly thickened and syrupy.
Return pepper mixture to pan and toss in California Ripe Olives and basil. Garnish with pine nuts before serving, if desired.
Serving suggestion: Serve over white rice.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings