Cherry Cranberry Trifle
Contributed by: News Canada
- Pound Cake:
- 2 cups (500 ml) Five Roses All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 tsp (5-10 ml) grated orange zest
- 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) cold water
- 1 pkg. (102 g) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 container (1 L) frozen, light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pound cake, cut into cubes (recipe above)
- 1 can (540 ml) cherry cranberry pie filling
Grease and line a 9" x 5" (2 L) loaf pan with parchment paper. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Cream butter with sugar; beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in orange zest. Fold flour into batter, 1/3 at a time. Spread into pan. Bake in a 350 F (180 C) oven for 50-55 min. Cool completely. Cut pound cake into cubes.
Combine condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix; beat about 2 min. Chill until thickened, about 15-20 min. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon 1/3 of the pudding toping. Spoon 1/3 of the pudding mixture into 12-cup (3 L) glass serving bowl. Top with half of the cake cubes. Top with half of the pie filling and 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Repeat layering, ending with pudding mixture. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
For "free" recipes call Five Roses at 1-800-561-3455.