Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 4 pounds meaty chicken bones, like chicken backs, wings, necks or a combination, chopped into
- 2 medium leeks (white part only), well rinsed and chopped
- 2 large onions
- 2 carrots, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves
- 12 stems of fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 12 black peppercorns
- 6 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
In a soup pot, place bones and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to
medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes. Drain and rinse.
Return bones to soup pot. Add leeks, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, parsley, thyme, peppercorns,
cloves and bay leaves. Add 12 cups cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer,
skimming surface frequently, until stock is reduced to 8 cups, 3 to 4 hours.
Strain stock through a fine sieve into a large bowl, pressing hard on solids. Let stock cool, then
cover and refrigerate. Remove fat from top of stock before using.
Serving Size: Makes 8 cups.
Prep: 10 minutes - Cook: 3 hours 5 minutes to 4 hours 5 minutes