Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
When barbecuing, the fire should be medium to low. The chicken also can be pan seared or broiled and served without skewering.
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch of ground coriander
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 20 (6-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes to prevent burning
Accompaniment - Spicy Peanut Sauce (satay sauce)
Whisk together all the ingredients except the chicken in a bowl.
Slice the chicken breasts diagonally against the grain into 1-inch wide strips. Add the chicken
to the bowl and marinate for 15 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Thread the chicken on to the bamboo skewers.
Grill the meat until just done, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. To serve, ladle some satay
sauce, about 2 to 3 tablespoons, in the center of an appetizer dish. Top with chicken skewers.
Serving Size: Serves 4 to 5.