White Chocolate Carousel Cake
Contributed by: News Canada
Enjoy this simple and tasty recipe from the kitchens of Five Roses flour.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) Five Roses All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 pouch unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) hot milk
- 8 squares white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) 35%whipping cream
- 3 cups (750 ml) fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 350 F(180 C). Butter a 9-in (23 cm) round spring pan. Beat eggs and vanilla. Set aside. In large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat butter into flour mixture for 1 min. Beat in eggs; gradually add milk. Beat until fluffy. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 min. Cool in pan.
In blender place gelatin and water. Let stand for 1 minute. Add egg yolks, sugar and milk; blend well. Transfer to saucepan and cook, stirring, over medium heat for about 5 min. or until thick enough to coat back of spoon. Stir in chocolate until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Whip cream until stiff. Using rubber spatula, gently fold cream into chocolate mixture. Cut berries in half and arrange some in a row, cut side facing out, along side of spring form on top of baked cake. Scatter remaining berries over cake. Spoon mousse on top of berries; spread to cover evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until mousse is set.
For "free" recipes call Five Roses at 1-800-561-3455.