Creamed Peas & Shredded Carrots
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 pkg frozen grn peas/pearl onions
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup light cream (20%)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
Cook peas and onions as directed on package; drain.
Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat.
Stir in cream and wine. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in peas and onions and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings