Classic Spinach Dip
Contributed by: News Canada
This holiday season, serve this simple recipe, guaranteed to delight visitors and simplify your holiday entertaining.
- 1 pkg (300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 can (10 oz/284 g) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pkg Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix or Knorr Leek Soup Mix
- 2 cups (500 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 round pumpernickel loaf
Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Combine all ingredients excluding bread in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours to blend flavours. Spoon mixture into hollowed pumpernickel round loaf. Reserve remaining bread and cut into squares for dipping. Can also be served with fresh vegetables.
Recipe Alternative: Broccoli Cheddar Dip.
Substitute, 1 pkg (300 g) frozen chopped broccoli for spinach, omit water chestnuts and green onions and add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. In sieve, rinse frozen broccoli under warm water to thaw, squeeze to drain well.