Chocolate Cookie Buttons
Contributed by: News Canada
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 -3/4 cup (425 ml) Five Roses All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 12 squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 3 squares White Chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). In a bowl, cream butter. Beat in brown sugar and granulated sugar until very smooth. Beat in egg. Microwave chocolate on medium for 1 min. Stir until smooth. Stir chocolate and vanilla into creamed mixture. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Roll teaspoonfuls (5 ml) of dough into small balls. Place on lightly buttered baking sheet and set in freezer for 5 min. Bake cookies for 10 min. Cool completely on rack.
Microwave semi-sweet chocolate on medium for about 2 min. Stir until smooth. Set bowl of melted chocolate over pan of steaming water. Dip cooled cookies into melted chocolate. Once chocolate is firm, microwave white chocolate on medium for about 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth. Decorate cookies by drizzling with white chocolate.
For "free" recipes call Five Roses at 1-800-561-3455.