Fiesta Chicken Burritos
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Quick and easy, these flavourful chicken burritos will be an instant hit among young and old alike.
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Gay Lea Butter
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Gay Lea Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced green pepper
- canned jalapeño pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced black olives (optional)
- 4 large flour tortillas
Heat oven to 350°F 180°C).
Cut chicken into small cubes. Sauté chicken in butter in a frypan over medium-high
Combine chicken, salsa, sour cream, 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) cheese, pepper, jalepeños and
olives in a large bowl. Divide mixture evenly among 4 tortillas. Fold tortillas to enclose filling
completely and place seam side down on a medium baking dish.
Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and continue baking for an additional
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Baking time: 25 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings.