Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Stir Up A Healthier Meal In Thirty Minutes
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - Celebrated TV Food Network chef Rachel Ray can help you create healthier recipes in thirty minutes, using yogurt, which has 83 percent fewer grams of fat than sour cream.
Ray says, "So many times a quick meal equals an unhealthy one. I try to show people that they really can get a great tasting, healthier meal in 30 minutes. Yogurt is a great ingredient to use as a replacement to reduce the amount of fat and calories and make your family's meals more nutritious."
Try these easy tips from Rachel Ray that help make eating healthier deceptively indulgent.
Tips to Make a Meal Healthier
- Chicken Curry in a Hurry - Combine Dannon Plain yogurt, curry paste, lemon juice and cilantro in a shallow dish. Season boneless chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to yogurt sauce and coat evenly. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side in two separate batches. Serve inside warm pita and top with tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, hot banana peppers and shredded lettuce.
- Skinny Dipping - Satisfy your craving for a snack by dipping fruit into yogurt. To make the dip, mix Dannon Natural Flavors Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt or Light' n Fit(tm) Vanilla Nonfat Yogurt with orange juice concentrate in a bowl. Garnish with orange zest and crystallized ginger. Be sure to refrigerate and serve with fresh berries, grapes or pineapple.
- Beef that Bites - Spice up fajitas by combining lime juice, olive oil, cayenne pepper sauce and chopped thyme leaves. Grill sirloin or flank steak 6-7 minutes on each side. Baste red or green peppers, and sliced onion rings with olive oil and grill. Season beef and vegetables with salt and pepper. In a blender, mix yogurt, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, cilantro and salt until sauce is green and smooth. Slice beef and peppers into strips; cut onion rings in half; and place into warm tortillas. Top with chopped tomatoes and yogurt green sauce.
- Speak Greek - Bring Athens to your table with a healthier Greek salad. Mix plum tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, parsley and black pitted Calamata olives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Combine and stir yogurt with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano and ground cumin. Add dressing to salad and stir. For a carbohydrate kick, serve with warm pita bread if desired.
- Fish Fiesta - For a deliciously healthful meal, grill halibut fillets with a drizzle of olive oil for 5-6 minutes or until opaque. Squeeze lime juice on fish, remove from grill and flake into large chunks with a fork. In a blender, combine avocado flesh, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, yogurt and salt. Process until guacamole is soft and mix in chopped tomatoes and scallions. Shred lettuce and reserve. Pile fish into soft, warm flour tortillas and slather with guacamole sauce. Top with lettuce and fold.
- Sundae Sensation - To make the ultimate Berry Sundae, skip the ice cream and use Dannon Plain yogurt instead. Combine sliced almonds and shredded coconut in a skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Transfer nuts and coconut to plate and cool. Combine blackberries, raspberries and strawberries into a bowl with sugar and let stand. Add a few berries to dessert cups, layer with yogurt, add more berries and top with another layer of yogurt. Garnish with almonds and coconut.
- Chicken Salad Satisfaction - For a satisfying sandwich, combine green chopped apple with chopped celery, red onions, currants or raisins and diced chicken breast. Coat with yogurt. When salad is well coated, mix in tarragon leaves and season with salt and pepper. Stir salad to combine flavors. Cut baguettes in half and split lengthwise. Pile chicken onto cut baguettes and top with lettuce leaves.
- Luscious Lemon Pie - Indulge in a healthier lemon cream pie. Spoon lemon curd into six individual graham cracker crusts. Fill each graham cracker crust with Dannon Natural Flavors Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt or Light' n Fit(tm) Vanilla Nonfat Yogurt and top with lemon zest to garnish.
- Just Peachy - For a savory peach topping, combine Vanilla flavored yogurt, frozen sliced peaches, sugar, vanilla, brown sugar and nutmeg in a blender. To assemble, top prepared pancakes or waffle with peach yogurt topping and garnish with a generous handful of raspberries and blackberries.