Chicken with Apricots And Olives
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
1 medium fryer, trimmed of fat and extra skin and cut into quarters
- 2 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. (100 g) Green Greek olives
- 4 oz. (100 g) Kalamata olives
- 4 oz. (100 g) dried apricots, soaked in 1/4 cup of brandy and heated until soft
- 1 cup Kosher dry white wine
- 2 Tbs. sherry wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 16 cloves (or more) garlic, roasted slowly in olive oil until golden brown
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin and sauteed in olive oil until brown
- 1 quart rich chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, or 2 tsp. dried
- 1 sprig fresh sage, or 2 tsp. dried
Loosen the skin of the chicken breast and thighs and gently stuff
half the soaked apricots between the skin and the meat. Brown the chicken pieces in the olive oil
till golden, pour off the fat and pour in the white wine.
Scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the browned bits into the simmering wine. Add the
vinegar, honey and broth, stir well and simmer 5 minutes.
Remove the breast pieces, add the garlic, onions, olives and herbs. Cover and cook 20
minutes till leg quarters are done, add back the breast pieces and simmer 5 minutes.
Serving Size: Serves 4.