Deep-Fried Tofu With Peanut Sauce
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 lb tofu, pressed
- 2 each garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 each cilantro root, chopped
- 3 each dried red chilies, soaked & chopped, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 0eanuts, finely chopped
- 2 cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cut the tofu into cubes 1" X 1" X 1 1/2". Set aside.
Make a paste of the garlic, cilantro root, chili peppers & salt. Add the vinegar & mix.
Dissolve the sugar in 1/4 c hot water & add it to the paste along with the peanuts. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves & red pepper flakes.
Put the oil in a wok & heat until hot. Deep-fry the tofu for 5 minutes until it becomes light brown. Drain on paper towels.
Place tofu on a serving plate with the peanut sauce next to it. Use the sauce as a dip. Serve either hot or at room temperature.
You can buy tofu already deep-fried. If using this product, then only deep-fry it again for 1 minute.