Spinach and Red Onion Sambal with Spiced Chicken
Contributed by: News Canada
Here's a refreshing salad recipe with a spicy touch.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/3 jar Sharwood's Tikka Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 oz green beans washed and trimmed
- 4 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, washed and quartered, deseeded and diced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Mix the chicken and the Tikka Sauce in a bowl, allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Place the beans into boiling water for 5-6 minutes or until tender, drain and cool under cool water, drain, dry and cut into thin rounds. Finely shred the spinach leaves and place in a large bowl, add the beans, red onions, tomatoes, lemon juice and sunflower oil, season well and toss gently.
Heat a wok or deep-sided frying pan until hot, add a little oil, add the chicken strips and cook for 4-5 minutes until the chicken has browned and thoroughly cooked. To serve, place the salad on serving dishes and top with chicken pieces.
Delicious served with warm pita bread or crusty bread.
Preparation time: 15 minutes (plus marinating time); cooking time: 10 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Servings