Oven Roasted Potatoes & Carrots
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Perfect side dish for roast beef or roast chicken.
- 6 large Klondike Rose potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) chunks, (about 2-1/2 lb/1.2 kg) 6
- 6 large Garden Rich carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch 6 (1.2 cm) chunks, (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g) 6
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil 30 mL
- 2 tbsp each all purpose flour and cornstarch 30 mL
- 1 tbsp salt 15 mL
- 2 tsp granulated sugar 10 mL
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes 15 mL
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic powder 7 mL
- 1 tsp each onion powder, thyme, dried dill weed 5 mL
- 3/4 tsp each rosemary and paprika 4 mL
- 1/4 tsp each dry mustard and ground white pepper 1 mL
- Cooking spray
Heat oven to 400 F (200 C).
Place potato and carrot chunks in a large bowl. Toss with vegetable oil until well coated. Set aside.
Blend together flour, cornstarch, salt, sugar, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, dill weed, rosemary, paprika, mustard and pepper. Toss herb mixture with potatoes and carrots.
Line a large shallow pan with foil and generously spray with cooking spray. Place coated vegetables on prepared pan.
Bake in a 400 F (200 C) oven for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Hint: For more fibre, don't peel potatoes and carrots.
Also, this recipe can easily be cut in half.
Note: If you choose to cook Klondike Rose potatoes with the skin on, you will notice the colour of the skin changes to brown. This in no way takes way from the amazing taste!
Nutritional Information: Per Serving : calories 189, fat(g) 3.9, cholesterol (mg) 0, Sodium (mg) 920, carbohydrates (g) 36.3, fibre (g) 4.2, protein (g) 3.4