Emerald Seafood Salad
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1/2 lb scallops; washed well
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 peppercorns
- 1/2 lb shrimp; cooked
- 1 large red apple; skinned, cored and dice
- 1/2 small sweet red onion; thinly sliced
- 2 large kiwi fruits; peel, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 bunch spinach; washed, trimmed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Place scallops in saucepan with wine and water. Put parsley, bay leaf, thyme and peppercorns in cheesecloth and tie together. Add to scallops in saucepan.
oach scallops gently over low heat for 5 minutes.
Remove scallops. Allow to cool. Combine scallops with shrimp, apple, onion, kiwi fruit and walnuts.
Combine dressing ingredients in a screw top jar. Shake to mix. Pour salad dressing over salad. Toss well.
Serve over a bed of spinach with fresh French bread.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings