Forever Summer Avocado Mango Salsa
Contributed by: NAPSA
Say "Adios" To Summer With Avocado Salsa (NAPSA) - Hass avocados can be a refreshingly tasty and versatile way to celebrate summer's end. With little preparation, avocados add instant flavor to end-of-summer recipes, making them a terrific ingredient for labor-free dishes.
Available year-round, Hass avocados offer a rich flavor that can stand alone as a great snack or mix well with the fresh fruits and vegetables of the season. Combine Hass avocados with mangoes, jicama, bell peppers and chopped red onion to create a tropical salsa that goes beyond dipping.
Forever Summer Avocado Mango Salsa adds a burst of fruitiness to an assortment of summer dishes. Top grilled chicken, burgers and fish with a bit of this cool salsa or substitute it for heavy dressings on salad greens. It can also enhance meals that use traditional salsa, such as quesadillas and fish tacos, with an avocado-mango twist.
Added to a variety of dishes, Hass avocados help celebrate the ease of summer and transition your recipes into the fast pace of fall.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Anaheim green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced jicama
- 1 medium mango, peeled, pitted, chopped in small pieces
- 2 ripe, medium Hass avocados, peeled, pitted, chopped in small chunks
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Combine onion, peppers, jicama, and mango in large bowl. Gently stir in avocado, lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro. Add white pepper and salt, taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: Makes eight 1/2-cup servings