Cheesy Broccoli And Mushroom Frittata
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Italian in origin, the frittata is similar to quiche but without the crust, which means fewer calories.
- 3 cups (750 mL) Ontario Broccoli florets
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ontario Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Parmesan cheese
Boil broccoli for 2 minutes. Refresh under cold water; drain and pat dry.
Whisk together eggs, milk and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
In 10-inch (25 cm) nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms
for 3 minutes. Arrange broccoli over mushrooms; reduce heat to low. Pour egg mixture over
Sprinkle Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses on top; cook, covered for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
Cut into wedges.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: about 25 minutes
Serving Size: Serves 4.