Portobello Mushroom Gourmet Burger
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Short on time... money... and kitchen expertise? Fret no more. Delicious relief is in your hands! For the health-conscious collegian, The Starving Students' Vegetarian Cookbook is the only guide you need. You'll find selections ranging from Almond Asparagus to Southern-Style Pasta to Pumpkin Pudding-and be totally surprised by a noncarnivorous lifestyle that's amazingly varied, tasty, and nutritious.
Diversity! Select from a delightful potpourri of veggie meals that are:
- Simple, easy to make, and use the fewest amount of pots possible
- Quick to cook-many done in fifteen minutes or less
- Perfect for microwave, hot plate, stove top, or toaster oven
- Cheaper than your wildest dreams!
Delicious Dining Without Fur Or Feathers
Meatless need not mean tasteless. And with this indispensable vegetarian chef's aid you'll be feasting on delectably nutritious, flesh-free meals the whole semester, the cheap 'n' easy way, made famous by the original, bestselling The Starving Students' Cookbook. Before you know it you'll be making:
- Apple Berry Pancakes - Twice Is Nice Stew - Quick-Fix Tomato Soup - Caribbean Red Beans and Rice - Sweet Pepper Fajitas - Mocha Cappuccino Freeze... and much more!
With The Starving Students' Vegetarian Cookbook, you'll never go hungry again.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large portobello mushroom, stem removed
- sprinkle garlic salt
- couple splashes worcetershire sauce
- sprig parsley, cut up
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1 hamberger bun
Requires a skillet with lid and a stovetop, takes 10 minutes.
In skillet, on medium-high heat, heat oil 1 minute.
Lay mushroom in pan and sprinkle with garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley.
Cook 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
Cover pan, lower heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes.
Place cheese over mushroom. Cover and cook one minute, or until cheese melts.
Serve on buttered hamberger bun, adding your choice of condiments.
© 2001 by Dede Hall
© 2001 by Time Warner Bookmark