Petite French Peas With Pineapple Mint
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 tb Unsalted butter
- 4 c Fresh petit pois or other sweet baby peas
- 3 sm Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 sm Carrots, peeled/thin sliced
- 1 tb Lemon juice
- 1/4 c Chicken stock
- 1 ts Sugar
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Bouquet garni consisting of 1 sprig each pineapple mint, french thyme, and parsley
- 1 sm Head butter lettuce shredded
- 2 tb Pineapple mint, chopped
Heat butter in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, then add peas, onions, carrots, lemon juice, chicken stock, sugar, salt, pepper and bouquet garni. Stir well, then cover with shredded lettuce.
Cover pan and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove bouquet garni, taste for seasoning and cook 5 minutes longer.
Sprinkle mint leaves over peas and serve immediately.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings