Berry Chocolate Smoothie
Contributed by: NAPSA
Serious Nutrition Energizes Breakfast (NAPSA) - Americans are urged to take a second look at breakfast with the release of a recent study from the American Heart Association. The study suggests that people who eat a healthy breakfast daily may be less likely to succumb to obesity, type-2 diabetes and heart disease.*
People may find that breakfast often lacks variety; however, replacing the traditional morning meal with a smoothie can brighten mornings with new flavors and an instant dose of nutrients. For the time-crunched "morning warrior" a smoothie is a quick and healthy way to jump-start the day.
When compared to other breakfast options, a smoothie made with Nestle(r) Carnation(r) Instant Breakfast(r) provides:
- More protein than most breakfast bars or cereals.
- Two-thirds more calcium than a glass of milk.
- Balanced nutrition with more vitamins and minerals at 25 percent of the recommended daily value.
- A higher level of folic acid compared to a bagel and yogurt, cereal or breakfast bars.
Try this tasty recipe or Tropical Sunrise Smoothie to add variety to the morning routine:
- 1 cup fat free milk or soy milk
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 packet Rich Milk Chocolate No Sugar Added Nestle Carnation Instant Breakfast Nutritional Energy Drink
Place milk, strawberries and Carnation Instant Breakfast in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Serving Size: Makes 1 Serving