Cottage Cheese Raisin Bread
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
As attractive as it is flavourful, this deliciously different bread is so rich and tasty you don't really need to spread with butter!
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups (500 mL) cottage cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) raisins, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) lemon zest
- 4 cups (1000 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) poppy seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogourt
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, cottage cheese, raisins, lemon juice and lemon zest.
Sift together dry ingredients.
Mix poppy seeds with yogourt. Stir into egg mixture alternately with dry ingredients.
Place in greased 10 or 12 cup (2 litre) bundt pan or in 12 individual bundt pans.
Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10 minutes, decrease to 350°F (180°C)
and bake for 40 minutes.
Cool 10 minutes, invert and remove pan. Served sliced with butter.
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Baking time: 60 minutes.