Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken with Ontario Peaches
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This easy recipe features herb-roasted honey mustard chicken with roasted peaches and garlic. Serve with corn-on-the-cob and a garden salad.
- 4 tbsp honey mustard 60 mL
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided 60 mL
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 30 mL
- 1 tsp coarse salt 5 mL
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided 5 mL
- 1 chicken, 3 lb/1.5 kg 1
- 8 Ontario Peaches, pitted and quartered (do not peel)
- 1 head of fresh garlic, cloves peeled and left whole
In small bowl, combine mustard, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub chicken with mixture; set aside. In medium bowl, toss peaches, garlic and remaining pepper and oil. Place chicken in greased roasting pan; arrange peaches and garlic around chicken. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting several times, until juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Turn peaches frequently to prevent sticking.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings