Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 20 each large romaine leaves
- 1 each head lettuce
- 1 cup french bread cut 1/2 in cube
- 1 each large garlic clove
- 1 each egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 each juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 each fresh ground pepper to taste
Wash and dry lettuce. Wrap and refridgerate.
Warm bread cubes in 275 degree F oven, tossing until hard and dry but not burnt. Mash garlic into side of large salad bowl. Ease egg into boiling water and boil exactly 1 minute, then crack into bowl, breaking it up with fork.
Add salt. Add lemon juice, olive oil and worcestershire. Mix well. (Makes about 1/2 cup dressing.) Add lettuce leaves, tossing to coat thoroughly. Add Romono and pepper. Toss again. Arrange on 2 dinner plates.
Garnish with croutons.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Servings