Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Biscuits made with cottage cheese will add a new dimension to your brunch.
- 2 cups 500 mL all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp 20 mL baking powder
- 1 tsp 5 mL salt
- 2 tbsp 30 mL Gay Lea Butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 250 mL Nordica Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup 250 mL small cubes of medium Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup 50 mL milk
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Sift together dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Combine
egg, cheeses and milk. Stir into flour mixture and knead together. Roll out on a floured surface to a
1/2 inch (1.3 cm) thickness. Cut into 3 inch (7.5 cm) rounds and place on greased baking sheet 1
inch (2.5 cm) apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Baking time: 10 to 12 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 12 biscuits.