Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Fruity Ingredients Provide Cool Beverages With A Taste Of Italy
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - For those who enjoy cool, refreshing beverages, especially for cookouts, dinner parties or spontaneous get-togethers with friends, two fruity ingredients are available to jazz up thirst quenchers while providing a tangy, tasty twist.
Caravella Limoncello, an Italian lemon liqueur inspired by a century-old tradition, can add just the touch to beverages ranging from iced tea and lemonade to Cosmopolitans and Martinis. Based on a family recipe from 1898, Caravella offers the rich flavor of lemons from Italy's Amalfi coast, the birthplace of lemoncello. In addition, Orangecello bottles the taste of Sicilian oranges to offer a sweet, fruity alternative equally appealing for the same beverages.
Following are cool beverage recipes showcasing the versatility and appeal of Limoncello and Orangecello:
- Classic Caravella: Ice-cold Limoncello or Orangecello, "neat," in a cordial glass.
- Limoncello Martini: Combine 1/2 oz. Caravella Limoncello and 1 1/2 oz. vodka. Shake with ice and pour into martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
- Limoncello Cosmopolitan: Combine 3/4 oz. vodka, 1/4 oz. cranberry juice and 1/4 oz. Limoncello. Pour into martini glass and garnish with a lemon wedge.
- Orangecello Cosmopolitan: Combine 3/4 oz. vodka, 1/4 oz. cranberry juice and 1/4 oz. Orangecello. Pour into martini glass and garnish with an orange wedge.
- Limoncello Iced Tea: Pour 1 oz. Limoncello in a tall glass over ice. Fill with unsweetened iced tea. Add sugar to taste.
- Limoncello Lemonade: Pour lemonade in a tall glass and add a splash of Limoncello.
- Old Capri Long Drink: In a long glass filled with ice cubes, add 2 oz. of Limoncello well-chilled and fill with Spinelli Asti Spumante, also chilled. Decorate with a slice of lemon and a twig of fresh mint.
- Orangecello and Cream: Combine 11/2 oz. Orangecello and 3 oz. cream in a shaker. Shake well and pour into a rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lemon strip.
- Limoncello Bellini: Pour 2 oz. peach nectar and 2 oz. champagne into a champagne flute. Add a splash of Limoncello.
- Limoncello Real: In a frozen flute, add 1 oz. of Limoncello very cold, and fill with chilled dry sparkling wine.
- Vella-Roma: Pour 1 oz. Limoncello in a tall glass over ice; fill with bottled still water.
- Orange Venetia: Mix 1 oz. Orangecello and 1/2 oz. of vodka in a rocks glass over ice; top with tonic water.
- Limoncello Sunrise: Mix 1 oz. Limoncello and 3 oz. orange juice. Top with a dash of grenadine.
- Napoli: Pour 1 oz. Limoncello in a tall glass over ice; fill with cola.
- Orange Caribbean: Pour 1 oz. Orangecello in a tall glass over ice; fill with tropical fruit punch.