Not So Traditional Corned Beef Hash With Poached Eggs
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 lb russet potatoes, peeled, 1/2 inch diced
- 1 large onion, peeled, 1/2 inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili paste
- 1 lb cooked corned beef, 1/2 inch diced
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 quart water with 2 tablespoons
- 1 white vinegar for poaching
- 12 quail eggs
Parboil potatoes in salted water for 4 minutes and drain.
To a large skillet over medium heat, add butter.
Saute onion in butter until caramelized.
Add potatoes to onion and cook for 4 minutes.
Add garlic and chili paste.
Add beef and cilantro and combine well.
Flatten out mixture to edges, ensuring uniform depth in skillet.
Continue to cook until crisp on bottom.
Season with salt and pepper.
In a pot, bring poaching liquid to boil.
Add eggs and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings