BBQ Butterflied Leg of Lamb
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 4-5 lb leg of Ontario Fresh Premium Lamb, butterflied* 2-2.25 kg
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind 15 ml
- 1/2 cup orange juice 125 ml
- 1/2 cup dry white wine 125 ml
- 1/4 cup soy sauce 50 ml
- 1 tbsp grated gingerroot or 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ginger 15 ml
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves 5 ml
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 ml
Combine orange rind and juice, wine, soy sauce, gingerroot, thyme and pepper.
Pour over lamb in large shallow glass or enamel pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Drain lamb, reserving marinade. Barbecue on lightly greased grill at medium heat.
Turn lamb occasionally, basting with reserved marinade. Cook for about 1 hour or until well browned but still pink in the center. Slice thinly and serve immediately.
*Butterflied leg of lamb:
Remove the bone and spread flat or ask your butcher to do it for you. Cooks quickly and slices easily.