Ice Cream Sandwiches
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - A fun dessert for your next party or anytime!
- 1 litre Ice Cream, softener
- 40 Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies (see below)
- 1 container (99 g) Sprinkles
For each sandwich, spread about 3 tbsp (45ml) ice cream over bottom of one cookie; top with a second cookie.
Press together to form sandwich. Roll edges of sandwich in rainbow sprinkles; wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer.
Repeat with remaining cookies, ice cream and sprinkles.
Freeze sandwiches at least 4 hours.
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter 250 ml
- 1 cup butter, softened 250 ml
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 ml
- 1 cup packed brown sugar 250 ml
- 2 eggs 2
- 2 cups Five Roses All Purpose Flour 500 ml
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 ml
- 1 cup chopped peanuts 250 ml
In large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter, sugars & eggs until light & creamy. Stir in flour, baking soda & peanuts. Drop batter by rounded spoonfuls, 2 inches (5cm) apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 F (180 C) 10 min or until golden. Cool on sheets 5 min. Cool completely on wire racks.