Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 medium cabbage
- 3 oz olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liquamen (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 leek, trimmed, chopped fine
- 1 coriander leaf, chopped (optional)
- 1 pepper and salt to taste
Peel off the tough outer layers of the cabbage and core the remainder.
Boil the cored cabbage in enough water to cover for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
Drain, then rinse the cabbage in cold water until cool.
Drain again, then chop well.
Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chopped cabbage.
Mix well and serve.
This recipe may be prepared without chopping the cabbage leaves; also,
with the cabbage still warm; and lastly, with 2 boiled and sliced leeks added to it.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings