Cauliflower and Potato Salad
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) horseradish
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coarsely chopped Ontario Red Onions
- 4 cups (1 L) Ontario Cauliflower florets
- 4 medium Ontario Red Potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sliced Ontario Celery
- 1/2 cup (125) crumbled blue cheese ( or 1/4 cup/50 mL grated Parmesan cheese)
In medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, horseradish, salt and pepper, stir in onion. Let stand
while preparing salad.
Steam or microwave cauliflower 4 minutes or until just tender; cool. Cook potatoes in
microwave 10 minutes or steam 20 minutes or until tender; cool slightly and slice thickly.
Stir cauliflower and potatoes into dressing along with celery and blue cheese, mixing gently.
Let stand for up to 2 hours at room temperature before serving. Refrigerate for longer storage.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes - Cooking Time: 14 minutes - Standing Time: up to 2 hours
Serving Size: Serves: 6 - 8.