Chunky Peanut Butter Twisters
Contributed by: News Canada
The Ultimate Peanut Butter Sandwich.
- 1/2 cup Smooth peanut butter 125 mL
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup 60 mL
- 2 tbsp Each dried figs, dried apricots, dried cranberries, chopped finely in food processor 25 mL
- 1/4 cup Shredded sweetened coconut 50 mL
- 1/8 tsp Ground cinnamon 0.5 mL
- 3 10-inch soft whole-wheat tortillas 3
- 3 tbsp Finely chopped toasted pecan pieces 45 mL
Mix peanut butter, maple syrup, dried fruit, coconut and cinnamon in a bowl - makes approximately 1 cup.
Spread 1/3 cup of peanut mixture evenly over one tortilla shell. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of pecans on tortilla. Start at one end of the tortilla and roll the tortilla like a jelly roll. Repeat steps 2 to 4 with the two other tortillas.
The tortillas can be wrapped in Saran Wrap and refrigerated at this point. Serve the rolls as individual sandwiches or sliced into 1-inch bite-size pieces.