Creamy Carrot And Parsnip Soup
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Carrots and parsnip add a healthful dose of beta
carotene and fiber.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 15 mL
- 1 stalk celery, chopped 1
- 1/2 cup chopped onion 125 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced 1
- 2 cups sliced peeled carrots 500 mL
- 1 cup sliced peeled parsnips 250 mL
- 1 small potato, peeled and sliced 1
- Half pear, peeled and chopped Half
- 4 cups chicken stock 1 L
- Pinch each crushed dried rosemary and thyme Pinch
- 1-1/2 cups Nestlé Carnation® Instant Skim Milk Powder 375 mL
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried parsley 2 mL
- Salt and pepper
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat,; cook celery, onion and garlic, stirring occasionally
and without browning, until tender. Add carrots, parsnips, potato and pear; cook for 5 minutes,
Add stock, rosemary and thyme; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20
minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain, reserving stock.
In blender or food processor, purée vegetables with skim milk powder; return to
Gradually stir in reserved stock. Add parsley.
Reheat to serving temperature. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: Makes 5 servings.
Nutritional Information: Per serving: 217 Calories, 13 g Protein, 4 g Fat, 32 g Carbohydrate, 314 mg Calcium, 3 g Fiber