Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 3 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 sweet potato or 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans (scant)
- 14 oz can baked beans
- 7 oz can corn
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon barbecue spice seasoning
- 4 oz cheese, diced (smoked if possible)
- 1 lb potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 salt
- 1 ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion, pepper and sweet potato or carrots until softened but not browned.
Transfer to a flameproof casserole.
Add the green beans, baked beens, corn 9and liquid), tomato paste and barbecue spice seasoning.
Bring to a boil, then simmer ofr 5 minutes.
Cover the vegetable and cheese mixture wih the sliced potato, brush with water, season with salt and pepper and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top and the potato is cooked.