Carnation Classic Pumpkin Pie
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Every Thanksgiving the phones ring off the hook at Nestlé - for this favorite Canadian dessert. The evaporated milk gives
this pie its creamy rich taste without the fat of whipping cream.
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin 300 mL
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar 175 mL
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp each ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg 1 mL
- 1 can (385 mL) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 deep-dish unbaked 9-inch (23 cm) pie shell
- Baked pastry cutouts
Combine pumpkin, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves and nutmeg in large bowl;
gradually stir in evaporated milk, mixing well. Pour into pie shell.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in
centre comes out clean. Let cool completely. Garnish with pastry cutouts.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information: Per serving: about 265 Calories, 5.6 g Protein, 10 g Fat, 38 g Carbohydrate