Carnation Peanutty Chocolate Fudge
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This yummy fudge is a cinch to make. Wrap up
in a gift box and give a little bit of homemade sweetness to your friends and family.
- 3 1/3 cups granulated sugar 825 mL
- 1 can (385 ml) NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Milk 1
- 1/4 cup butter 50 mL
- 1 pkg (250 g) miniature marshmallows 1
- 3 pkg (each 225 g) semisweet chocolate chips (about 3 3/4 cups/925 mL) 3
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peanuts 375 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 mL
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter 175 mL
Line 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish with waxed paper; lightly butter paper. Set aside.
Stir together sugar, evaporated milk and butter in large saucepan over medium heat until at
full boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla until melted and blended. Turn into
prepared pan. Scatter small dollops of peanut butter over top. Using the tip of sharp knife, swirl
peanut butter into fudge. Chill until set. Cut into 1 1/2 -inch (4 cm) squares. (Fudge can be frozen
in sealed container for up to 1 month).
Serving Size: Makes 72 pieces.
Nutritional Information: Per piece: about 149 Calories, 2.3 g Protein, 6.6 g Fat, 20 g Carbohydrate