Brownies and Glaze
Contributed by: News Canada
This recipe was prepared by Camelback and Central, New York, New York.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons sweet butter
- 3 ounces baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cho`ped pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- Jack Daniel's Glaze (see below)
Mix together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
Melt butter and chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water.
Remove from heat; add sugar, eggs, nuts, vanilla, flour mixture and Jack Daniel's Whiskey; mix well.
Preheat oven to 350 C.
Pour batter into a greased 8x10-inch cake pan.
Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until firm.
Remove from oven; top with Glaze.
Jack Daniel's Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
Combine all ingredients; stir until smooth.
Brush on or pour over brownies.