Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Pepper and Mushroom Chicken Delight
Contributed by: NAPSA
Stress Free Cooking
(NAPSA) - With today's busy lifestyles, many families who want to share quality time together think they don't have time to cook. Fortunately, in From Storebought to Homemade (QVC Publishing, $19.95), Emyl Jenkins, author and southern hostess extraordinaire, shares her top secret collection of fast, fabulous recipes which contradicts the notion that preparing good, wholesome food is time-consuming or intimidating. She helps today's busy cooks mix pre-packaged food with just the right additions to make it look and taste like they slaved over a hot stove all day.
A cornucopia of recipes and tips, the book provides:
- Over 200 easy dishes, most of which can be made in less than an hour; many in just 15 minutes.
- Special menus for brunches, dinner parties and hol)day get-togethers.
- Handy tips on easy, yet impressive entertaining, including unique table-settings and food presentation ideas. Among these:
- When buying raisins for baking, try to find the kind in the cylindrical container with the plastic top. This keeps the fruit inside moist and fresh longer.
- Buy stew beef already cut into small cubes, which tend to be more tender than large stew beef pieces.
- Recipes for every course, from soups and salads to bread and dessert, even one-dish dinners, such as this:
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon prepared garlic (or 2 to 3 cloves minced)
- 1 cup frozen red pepper, onion and mushroom combo (found in frozen food case), or use individual packages
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Italian-flavored tomatoes
- 8 already grilled chicken breasts
- salt, pepper
- dried oregano to taste
Saute the garlic, pepper, onion and mushrooms in the olive oil until the vegetables are lightly browned. Add the Italian-flavored tomatoes and simmer on medium-low heat to blend the flavors, approximately five minutes. Add the already-grilled chicken breasts and continue to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with additional salt, pepper and oregano if desired.
Serve the chicken over rice or noodles or with a side of potatoes. Add a simple green salad and dinner is complete.
Prep time, 10 minutes. Total time, 25 minutes.