Seafood and Corn Beach Barbecue
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Seafood and seasonal vegetables steam to perfection on the grill in foil pouches lined with fresh corn husks.
The husks prevent the contents from burning and add flavour to the steamy juices.
This recipe makes one individual package that makes a full meal for one person.
Make as many pouches as you have guests.
Serve this dinner the first day out when sweet, local corn is in season.
The seafood must be fresh.
- 1 18-inch square of heavy aluminum foil
- 4 green corn husks
- 4 small new red potatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ear of corn, cut into four pieces
- 4 whole mussels and/or clams, scrubbed and deveined
- 4 jumbo shrimp or scampi, shelled and deveined
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley 5 mL
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine 50 mL
- 1 tbsp butter 15 mL
Lay corn husks over and 18-inch square of heavy foil, overlapping to form a single layer.
Arrange potatoes, onion, corn, mussels or clams, and shrimp over top.
Season with chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
Add the wine, dot with butter, and seal the package securely.
Place package(s) on the grill over direct medium heat, close lid and cook for 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender and shellfish are opened.
Serve the packets in deep dishes and let guests open them while they are hot and steamy.
Serve crusty French bread for sopping up the juices.
Each packet makes one serving.
Recipe courtesy of Weber-Stephen Products Co.
- A fresh, crusty baguette
- Chilled white wine
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries and peaches marinated with brandy and sugar and served with a dollop of sweetened sour cream and store-bought short cake or cookies for dessert.