Contributed by: News Canada
When you just can't think of any way to spark up your boring burgers, go south of the border and try these Mexi-Burgers! They are quick, easy and tasty too.
- 1 pkg Knorr Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) medium ground beef
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) dried oregano
- 6 slices Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (2 x 1.5 inches/ 5 x 3 cm)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 6 buns
- shredded lettuce
- coriander leaves
In a large bowl, combine Knorr Onion Soup Mix, beef, water, chili powder, cumin and oregano; mix well.
6 equal portions.
On a baking sheet pat each portion into a 5-inch (12 cm) thin, round patty.
Place one piece of cheese on each patty.
Fold edges of meat over the cheese, pressing firmly in centre to seal completely.
Chill 30 minutes or overnight.
In a small bowl, combine salsa and mayonnaise; chill until ready to serve.
Grill patties over medium-hot coals for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside.
Place cooked patty on the bun and add lettuce.
Top with salsa mayonnaise and coriander to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 15 minutes