Bacardi BBQ Sauce for Chicken and Ribs
Contributed by: News Canada
- 1/2 cup 125 mL butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup 175 mL Bacardi White, Gold or "1873" rum
- 3/4 cup 175 mL ketchup
- 1/2 cup 125 mL orange juice
- 1/3 cup 75 mL honey
- 1/4 cup 60 mL fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp 15 mL chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL salt
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL pepper
- 1/8 tsp 0.5 mL cayenne
(NC) - In saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt butter.
Stir in Bacardi rum, ketchup, orange juice, honey, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings.
Cook, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes or until thickened.
Cut a 3 lb (1.4 kg) chicken into serving size pieces.
Brush sauce on chicken during last 10 minutes of grilling, turning and brushing frequently.
Grill 3 lb (1.4 kg) ribs and brush on sauce during last 10 minutes of grilling, turning and brushing frequently.
Serving Size: Makes about 1 cup (250 mL)