Simple Ways To Celebrate Everyday Occasions
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - There is more than one way to seize the day. Live each day to the fullest-take time to enjoy a sunset, dance to some favorite music and enjoy your favorite food and drink.
Each day is a cause for celebration, and enjoying sparkling wine can be a part of the merriment.
Many people may think of sparkling wine only for "special occasions," and the mystery of sparkling wines and champagne may be the reason. Demystify those notions with some bubbly basics:
Sparkling Wine vs. Champagne
Both bubble, the bottles look the same-what is the difference?
Sparkling wines are created the same way as champagne. The major difference between the two is where the grapes are grown and where the wine is produced. Grapes used for champagne come from France's northernmost region of the same name, while grapes used in sparkling wine are grown all over the world.
One ideal place to grow sparkling wine grapes in the U.S. is Washington.
"The natural elements in the Columbia Valley region with its sunshine, little rainfall and good temperatures help to produce grapes that provide superior flavor for our sparkling wines," says Rick Casqueiro, winemaker for Domaine Ste. Michelle.
Everyday celebrations are as economic as they are fun. Four types of sparkling wine to look for include:
- Cuvee Brut: Not too dry or sweet; crisp with delicate apple and citrus characteristics
- Blanc de Blanc: Elegant pear and pineapple aromas, green apple flavor and toasty coconut finish
- Blanc de Noir: Attractive and tasty with raspberry and strawberry hue, aromas and flavors
- Extra Dry: Despite what you might think, this type is actually a slightly sweeter style, rich and creamy with deep apple taste
Now that you know what you're looking for, here are some tips on how you easily can celebrate everyday occasions with unique food pairings:
Sparkling Wine Food Pairing
Most people are aware that sparkling wine goes well with berries and dessert, but did you know that sparkling wine pairs nicely with the same foods you'd enjoy with beer?
So add a twist to your every day by serving sparkling wine. Here are some ways to incorporate sparkling wine into your everyday life:
- Asian Take Out: The perfect match for the extra dry, brut and blanc de blanc sparkling wines, which complements the spices found in Asian dishes.
- French Fry and Fried Chicken Fun: You thought these foods alone were heaven, try pairing them with Domaine Ste. Michelle Cuvee Brut. The saltiness stands up to natural acidity found in sparkling wine.
- Bubbles and Blockbusters: Curl up on the couch with the latest flick, a tub of popcorn and a flute of sparkling wine. The acidity of sparkling wines complements the richness of buttered popcorn.