Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 lb hot or mild italian sausage
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 cup chicken stock
- 1 can 28 oz tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pkg 10 oz frozen spinach, chop
- 1 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cup frozen cut beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 can 19 oz romano beans
- 3/4 cup small shell pasta
Prick the skins of the sausages; place in a saucepan and cover with water.
Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked. Drain; cut into slices.
In a large saucepan or dutch kettle, heat oil and lightly brown the sausage slices. Add the onions and garlic; cook 2 - 3 minutes until softened. Add the chicken stock, chopped tomatoes including juice, frozen spinach, carrots, beans, basil, marjoram and red pepper flakes.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
Add the romano beans including liquid, and the pasta and peas. Let simmer 5 to 7 minutes more or until pasta is al dente - tender but firm. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Thin soup with additional chicken stock (if you wish). Ladle soup into heated bowls and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings