Indiana Scripture Cake
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
An unusual recipe which uses biblical references as ingredients. Look up the references in the Old Testament.
- Judges 5:25 (1/2 cup butter or margarine)
- Jeremiah 6:20 (1 cup sugar)
- Isaiah 10:14 (3 eggs, separated)
- Exodus 16:31 (1 tbsp honey)
- 1 Kings 4:22 : (2 cups sifted flour)
- Leviticus 2:13 (1/2 tsp salt)
- 1 Corinthians 5:6 (2 tsp baking powder)
- 1 Kings 10:10 (3/4 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 Kings 10:10 (1/4 tsp EACH cloves, allspice and nutmeg)
- Judges 4:19 (1/3 cup milk)
- Genesis 43:11 (1/2 cup chopped almonds, blanced)
- 1 Samuel 30:12 (1/2 cup chopped dried figs)
- 1 Samuel 30:12 (1/2 cup chopped seeded raisins)
Cream butter. Add sugar gradually, beating until light. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Beat in honey.
Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk and beat only until smooth. Stir in nuts and fruits.
Fold in stiffy beaten egg whites and pour into a loaf pan (9x5x3) lined on the bottom with wax paper.
Bake in preheated moderate oven (350 F) for 1 hour, or until done.
Cool cake in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn cake out on a rack and peel off paper.
Turn cake right side up to cool.